Me being nominated for an award happens once in a blue moon so I’m super excited (and thrilled) about this one!! Thank you – Coffee.Read.Review. Repeat. – for nominating me! (Do check out her blog, guys!)
1.Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog!
2.Display the award on your blog. You can save the image and upload it to your blog post and/or put it as a widget on your blog!
3.Give 10 random facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 5-10 blogs you admire and have under 200 followers.
5.Post your answers of the questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
6.List these rules in your post.
7.Ask your nominees 10 questions after tagging them in the post.
10 Random Facts About Me
1. My study behaviour is alternately characterized by excitement and procrastination. Sometimes, I’m excited and crazy enough to study the entire day and sometimes I just lie around on the couch doing nothing important.
2. I don’t show it to others, but I’m in love with nature – the sea and the breeze and the dense, crazy, beautiful Mumbai rains. The snow drives me giddy with happiness, and I love lying down in fresh, green grass.
3. I don’t care about a lot of people, but am extremely defensive about the few people who matter to me.
4. I’m obsessed with order and organization, in almost everything I do.
5. I’m way too outspoken, and frank and sometimes that borders on rudeness but I just cannot seem to shut my mouth when I have something impulsive or sarcastic to say :P
6. I’ve been reading since I was 8. There are times when I feel that I’m not really adept at anything other than gobbling down books but then a burst of self-esteem hits me and I’m pretty much alright again :’D
7. I love watching movies, but don’t watch enough of them.
8. I know we’re living in a generation where pressurizing students about grades or even being too concerned about marks is shunned down upon, but tbh, marks matter a lot to me. They may not be my life, but they’re pretty important to me and I’m proud of being that way. Honestly, if someone asked me what things about my personality matter most to me, apart from the basics like honesty, humility and generosity, I’d probably say my academic performance and my verbal skills matter most to me.
9. I get irritated way too easily.
10. I love the fact that as and when we grow up, we look back at things which embarrassed us when we were younger, and how we laugh at those same things now. I love looking back and laughing :)
What book made you love to read?
Enid Blyton. She’ll always be the one person I dedicate my passion for reading to.
What other creative escapes do you enjoy?
Writing! I have a a life blog which I initially made for discussions and short stories, but lately have been posting poems which is kinda hilarious because I was never really a ‘poems’ person but still! I enjoy writing and it actually helps me de-stress and relax.
What’s your favorite caffeinated beverage?
What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
There is quite a few book-to-movie adaptations I like. I love the Harry Potter movies, loved Gone Girl, Never Let Me Go, Hunger Games, Love, Rosie, Hamlet, Othello. Can’t really think of anything else.
What’s your book budget for the month?
I’ve already spent Rs 500, and have decided not to spend more than Rs 900 for the rest of the month.
What’s your favorite place to go book-hunting?
Crossword, probably. But I almost always buy books off Amazon, because they’re super cheap.
Why do you review books?
I love reviewing books. It’s a passion, and I hope I keep doing this all my life. I love talking about books, talking about what I disliked or liked, and put up my take on different aspects of the book.
Do you partake in any book-crates?
If you could marry a character from any book, who would it be?
Frank Porter from Since You’ve Been Gone or Rhysand from ACOMAF or Dimitri from Vampire Academy series.
If you could live in any fictional land/setting, where would it be?
Harry Potter. Come on.
1. Which is one book you read in the last 6 months that you regret picking up?
2. Which is the last book you DNF’ed?
3. Do you read classics? Which are your favorites?
4. Do book editions/covers/heights matter to you?
5. The big which was responsible for your biggest reading slump?
6. Are you a movie buff?
7. Which is your favorite memory from school?
8. Which is one genre you used to read a lot before but have completely given up now?
9. Have you subscribed to any bookish subscription boxes?
10. What are you currently reading?